Thursday, January 28, 2010

PURSUIT 100

The late evening of 27th 2010, just after a good meal I was waiting for my friends Shivanand and Karthi(n)k also watchin Invictus meanwhile. They came over by around 11:30PM. We did all the usuall things we do- like watch funny mallu videos on Utube, play UNO etc etc.. some may wonder what etc actually means.

Time passed pretty quickly, it was 1:45AM on 28th, we began to feel hungrier than ever. As always our only place to go at that point of time was K R PURAM for kara bun, puff , boost , horlicks etc.

We collected all the coins we had only to know we had around 40 rupees, good enough for us to get some kara buns and boost. We got downstairs, I locked up and we left. Just before I could pillion, I had this thought to ask Karthik if I can ride but the flow took the chance away from me. Shiva and I jus pilli rode Karthik and we were all wearing helmets.

We reached the Ramamurthy Nagar signal and Karthi(n)k suggested the road via Ramamurthy nagar rather than the usual Kasthuri nagar road and that was probably the turning point or the shocker of the day move.

Karthi(n)k always has the habit of taking a long left or a right turn which is annoying., he did so again beside the ShaniBaghavan temple. It was not too far from then I noticed 2 policemen standing in front of a house and discussing something. Since Karthi(N)k was fast, I couldn notice why. I whispered to Shiva who sat behind me “ Macha, police irrundaanga da” . He didn’t find it appealing because I always did that, although this time he didn’t keep quiet. He replied “ Macha, follow panna porango” . We laughed about it and carried on never to know it would come true.

Two of those policemen did exactly what we were kidding about. They did follow us and soon they caught upto us. Shiva and I just then thought of the same thing, MY GOD !! BUSTED !

It was not a horrible sight though.. Apparently we took the wrong turn because we were told by the police that 2 guys were robbed on the same road a while ago and the robbers came by on an activa, Karthi(N)k had an Activa too.

Shiva, although an experienced “dude” that he is; spoke to them keepin cool. They started sharing the details of the robbery that had just happened and we nodded along just to keep ourselves away from all the violence and a bribe.

We were smart enough at that moment to lie about our residential address and age. It was a good experience but a bad time.

K R PURAM kara bun and boost was good. We did speak about it later and laugh but I have no idea what next. I might not be an atheist , I ain’t that holy either but something sure took me by surprise. I said to them “ Guys, this is God’s way of saying STAY SAFE” and it was true.

2 comments: